CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A new endeavor...

I am both super duper excited about this and sick to my stomach nervous!

 In a couple of weeks I get to start volunteering at West Valley Medical Center in Caldwell.  I will be there every Monday from 8:30-12:30 and I get to work in Labor and Delivery, ICU and Women's Unit.  I will be running things for the nurses and checking to see if patients need blankets, snacks, water, etc.  AND after I have been there a few months they will put me in ER as well.

I am so excited to get to be around what I am going to college to do and I am also excited to get my foot in the door with West Valley.  I really want to work there when I get my RN and I have been told this not only looks really good for my application to the Nursing program but also really good for employment with them. 

One thing I learned is you do not just walk in and start volunteering... there are background checks, blood tests, interviews and a 4 hour orientation you have to go through and that is all before you even start.  I will have to train for a couple of weeks and then will be on my own to volunteer away. 

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to volunteer my time and this seems like the perfect fit!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay!! So exciting!! You are going to love it. And you will be so good at it, your people skills rock! They are so lucky to have you :) A great step down your path... awesome!!!

MommyJessy08 said...

How awesome! Thats great that you can get the well rounded experience! :)