CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

He's 5!!!

I cannot believe it but my oldest turned 5 yesterday! He is growing up so fast. When I was little my parents always made sure that when it was your birthday it really was your special day, I try to do the same for my boys. Jace woke up bright and early and got to open his present from us..... TADA...... Heelys!!! He has been asking us for these for awhile and finally last month he just asked Josh if we would put some wheels in his boots and make them Heelys, for obvious reasons Josh told him no and we decided that he was going to great lengths to get this shoes. So we broke down and got him a pair. Actually my boss's grandson had outgrown his so we got a heck of a deal on these things... FREE!!
Jace had a great day and I am sooooo sad he is getting older. This morning I went to give him a hug and he pulled away from me.... sniff sniff. I said what you are 5 now and can't hug your mother anymore... he stated that was correct! These 5 years have gone by so fast. I laid in bed last night and fell asleep to rembering holding him in my arms for the 1st time, rocking him to sleep, the overwhelming feeling of love I felt for him as a 1st time mother, his 1st smile, his 1st giggle, the times him and I did nothing but lay on the couch while he laid on my chest... I would just turn the TV down and listen to him breathe, his soooo soft forehead, his 1st step, the 1st time he walked up to me and gave me a hug and said I love you momma. I know he is only 5 but man I miss him already!!!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

He looks really happy about his new heely's!

I have decided we need to work on you... your going to be a mess when he goes off to college. And I thought I was bad. :)

Lindsey said...

Do I really sound that pathetic? I just don't know what I will do with my life when I don't have my kids to revolve it around and every birthday gets closer to that time.... hmm... maybe I should just keep having kids,lol.

Beth said...

Thats a plan!! he he he