CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Incredible athletes

On Sunday I volunteered to help with an aid station for the 1st annual Ironman Competition. Since we are coaching t-ball this year they asked if I would volunteer and if we could get 40 people there the Homedale Youth Sports program would get $1000.00 for there program. I reluctantly agreed to go and moped about it all weekend. I ended up having so much fun! These athletes are absolutely amazing..... so inspiring! I was on the part of the race where they ran so it was the last leg of the 70.3 mile race which started with swimming, then biking, then the run. By the time the athletes reached us they were dilusional... there bodys were pushed to the max. The winner finished it in 3 hours 53 minutes... a 70.3 mile race in less then 4 hours... amazing!!!

I didn't get any pics (forgot my camera) but i hope i get to do it again next year!!!

0 comments: