CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

More vacation

On Tuesday we headed to Seaside... what a cool town! The promenade was awesome and had so many little "junk" shops I could have spent days there just browsing them. We stayed in a cottage on the beach which was soooo amazing! We rode the bumper cars and carousel and ate clam chowder in a bread bowl on the beach.

On Wednesday we headed to Newport, OR. Let me just say Josh LOVES this town... which is surprising because it is a HUGE city. He is already talking about moving here someday... so NOT Josh! We walked by the ocean on the boardwalk and watched the ships come in. We were planning on leaving Thursday and heading for Florence but ended up staying here another night and today we went crabbing on a boat! We had soooo much fun and caught about 50 crab for 13 of us on the boat. We met this really cool family from Scottsdale, AZ and one of the ladies with them was about 65 I would guess and her and Rylan connected like I have never seen before. By the end of the trip they were best friends (Ry told her EVERYTHING about our lives... including the fact he had "really bad diarrhea" last year) and she told me as we were leaving "You have a very special little boy that really has touched my heart"... she then gave Ry a hug and left a little teary eyed. I will post a picture of them together when I get back. Even her husband told me how special he was... of course I already knew that :)

We are headed to Bend tomorrow and then headed home on Saturday... what an awesome trip it has been!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Isn't it cool how little kids don't ever feel a generation gap! I love how their little hearts include everyone!

What a funfilled trip! I can't wait to see your pictures.

MommyJessy08 said...

I have tears in my eyes reading about Ry and his new friend, he sure is a very special child :)