CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 22, 2010

The BIG test

It really wasn't the BIG test but it sure felt like it.  I went in today and took my COMPASS test... which is basically a placement test.  You really cannot fail it but that still was not very reassuring!  I have been studying up on my algebra for the last 3 weeks.  Problem is I didn't understand algebra (and failed it) 13 years ago when I took it in HS.... not really sure how I expected to understand it now.  I did my best and got a really bad score on my placement test so I will be taking Math 015 (pre-algebra) and then Math 025 (algebra) before I can even take a college level class (and one where I actually get credits for it).  The same classes kids on my bus are taking right now.  UGGG!  Although I think now I will do much better because I actually want to learn this stuff... not at all like HS.

On the good side... I got a near perfect score in both my reading and writing!!  So they will start me much higher up in those classes.

Oficially I start classes in January and I am so, so excited!!  They said if I can go 1/2 time, which is 2 classes a semester then I should be done about May of 2015.  I figure I will still only be 36, lots of time left!

0 comments: