CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The best days

I don't have any pics to post... mainly because I keep forgetting my camera. But I do have a cute story.

Yesterday after I picked the boys up from daycare we were driving home and a song came on... it was a country song and a girl singing about how she misses those days (referring to HS and her 1st love). Jace asked me, "Mom, why does she miss those days?" I thought long and hard and it took me back to HS and and my first love.... I started thinking about how much I missed those days and having no responsibility... just living life! I told Jace "she misses those days cuz they were the best days of her life", he asked me "what were the best days of your life". I thought really hard about this. I loved HS and everything it brought with it... I loved being so carefree and young. I responded to Jace by saying "These are the best days of my life... because I have you and your brother." He smiled at me and just when I thought we were making a very sentimental moment he said "Not always mom" and I said "What do you mean not always?" He replied "Me and my brother aren't always the best days of your life". I just started laughing... How insightful this 4 year old is. I told him some days are harder then others but this is still the best days of my life.... and I meant it.

1 comments:

Beth said...

Awww... this is why I love boys!