CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

My little student of the week

Jace has been wanting to be student of the week since the 1st week of school and every Monday he would come home and say "Didn't get student of the week this week". I told him he had to try really hard to be as good as possible. Jace wants to be good and usually he is but sometimes the BOY in him just causes problems for him. When he came home last week and told me he was student of the week... we celebrated in a big way. I am a huge believer in really focusing on something positive for him.... he always hears negative things, from everyone around him. Jace quit, Jace stop, Jace don't do that, Jace, Jace, Jace that I feel when something very positive happens it is extremely important to spend just as much attention on that as the things he does wrong. That being said... he got to pick what was for dinner and we took him out for ice cream.

I went to his school to get a picture of "the board"... I got him in 1 pic but he was in too big of a hurry to get out and play soccer to get in the other pic (that is the BOY in him). His friends all got in it though... might be one I have to save for graduation.







I cannot believe he is almost done with 1st grade... and my youngest will start Kindergarten. I sure do love my boys... I can't imagine my life without them.

1 comments:

Alyssa@ FromMilitarytoMom.com said...

So cute! My mom used to always say, "Tell a kid they're a hassle, that's exactly what they'll be. Instead, tell them they're amazing and see what they do!" I'm sure this was huge for him. You're an awesome Mommy!