CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

MAD MAD MAD

That is the best title I could think of for what happened last week. Katey has been in heat and we are breeding her this year so we have been taking her to the stud dog for the last 2 weeks. I noticed on Thursday that she was having some "problems" and called my brother in law who is very educated in labs and the whole breeding process. I told him what was going on and he told me he had never heard of that so I jumped on the internet and the few things I found on it said get her to a vet NOW... it is a life or death situation. I called my vet here in town and they told me indeed it was a life or death situation and she needed to be seen immediately. I told them I would pack her up and bring her down there and there response was "Oh no we can't see her we are too busy, you can take her somewhere else." First off let me say I have spent thousands of dollars with this vet (yes... thousands, before we had kids my older dog was my kid and she had allergies and we spent ALOT of money with them getting her tested). So I let them know that I thought that was horrible that they just tell me that yes your dog may die but no we can't see her. I also told them I would not be back ever. I called another vet and they told me to come in. Turns out she just had something similar to a UTI and it wasn't a bacteria in her uterus which is what can kill them. She has turned out to be such a good dog... she was so hyper at first I was a little concerened about how she would be but she has settled down and is just a good dog.



1 comments:

Beth said...

You told me I wouldn't believe how much she looks like our Taylor... Wow!!! They look like twins!

I can't wait to see her puppies, we want to breed Taylor, but then we don't... she too was super hyper, and has settled into a great dog now, just like Katy.

But she is so athletic, Jim is afraid it will wreck all that if she is a Mom.