CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A trip to McCall

It was so nice yesterday and I was really tired of being in this house so Julie, Rylan and I decided to head out on a day trip. We decided to make the loop around McCall... it has been a few years since I have been there and McCall holds alot of very special memories for me. My grandparents use to have a cabin there and every winter we spent time there skiing and doing all kinds of winter activities. When I go to McCall even though it has changed alot I still feel a sense of comfort and all those memories with my family come rushing back to me. McCall is also where I went for my honeymoon.




We had to stop in Donnelly on the way up cuz that is where my grandpa lived for many years and there was something I had been wanting to get a picture of and never had. This is the street that leads into the fire station and it was named after him.



After that we drove into McCall and I had to go in and see my grandparents old cabin.... it was just like I remembered it and so many happy memories came right back to me looking at it. I wish I was able to give my kids the same memories of this town that I have.






We then went and ate at my favorite place in McCall... Lardos! Honestly the food really isn't all that great but I grew up eating at Lardos. This place is also a place my parents use to hang out at all the time when they were dating... so it holds alot of special memories for me as well.





There wasn't a lot of time for us to do much so we went and looked at the 2 ice sculptures that were still standing and walked around downtown and went to the Candy store.... so yummy!




Then it was time to head home.... it was a beautiful sunset on the way back.


0 comments: