CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

SPT ~ The first thing that attracted me to you was...


SPT ~ The first thing that attracted me to you was...
The first thing that attracted me to you was those wranglers and the whole country boy appearance. I was in 6th grade and I was new in Homedale...I felt very nervous and insecure. The first day I made a great friend (who has turned into a lifelong friend) Carrie. A few days after that was the first time I saw Josh... I told Carrie then and there WOW... someday I am gonna marry that guy! Although as it turned out Josh and I wouldn't start dating until the summer between our Sophmore and Junior year. One of Joshs best friends and I actually "dated" from 7th-9th grade so I wasn't "available" until after that. After 9th grade Josh and I met up a few times and hung out with friends on different occasions but for one reason or another we never became exclusive... it just never worked out. The summer of 95 he had been gone rodeoing all summer and I had been working... On September 16, 1995 he came in to the local burger joint where I worked and joked about meeting me after work. Well turns out it wasn't a joke... he was waiting for me and we spent the next 2 hours talking about what we had been doing the last 3 months. He asked me to come to Bruneau the next day and watch him ride at the local rodeo there. The rest is pretty much history. We were inseperable from that moment on. We got married in 1999 and there has never been any question in my mind from that night in September in 1995 whether or not he was the one for me. What is so strange about my attraction to Josh is I have always really been into the "bad boys". Maybe the fact that he rode bulls was "bad boy" enough for me.
I will find a pic of us in HS and put it on here.

1 comments:

Beth said...

I knew you were high school sweethearts, but I am not sure if I ever heard your whole story.

Great post!