CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A blast from the past

My dad called me yesterday and asked me if i could meet him for lunch with my grandma (actually step grandma) and great Aunt Mae. I have not seen these guys since my grandpas funeral in 1997.


A little history.... My grandpa (dad's dad) lived in Donnely while I was growing up and I just wasn't really close with him and his wife (my "step" grandma).. no real reason why I just wasn't. In fact I think i only saw my grandpa a few times before he died my Senior year of HS. To this day I regret the fact that I never made an effort to get to know him. He really seems like he was a great man and although I can't go back in time and change things I love hearing all the stories about him.


So when my dad called and said that my grandma and my grandpas sister were traveling through and wanted to meet for lunch I was really excited. The best part of being around them is hearing all these storys about my grandpa and his 6 brothers and 2 sisters. I kindof get to meet a man I never knew through them.... as well as my dad.


We had a great time!








1 comments:

Beth said...

It's good to know where we come from, it often says volumes about who we are.

Very cool!