CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A good deed?? Not sure on that one yet!

Yesterday, I got a phone call from a co-worker. She was laid off... kind of. Her SIL who she works with, was going to be laid off. So she gave up her job, so her SIL (who just found out she is having a baby) could keep hers (and continue her insurance).This is the most selfless act I have seen in a very long time. It has renewed my faith that there are still those out there who are willing to sacrifice... in BIG WAYS! This was a huge lesson for me! What a great example!

This was written on a friend and co-worker of mines blog. I felt the need to record this in my own since she is talking about me! There is always so much negativity going on in the world this made me feel so good for her to post this about me... I really did not see it as a selfless act... I would hope if things were flopped it would be different. I really try to believe that people will make the right decision in life and this just really felt right. And I really had no desire to work FT (which is what they wanted). Although I think Julie is having second thoughts about staying on and taking on all the work.... i wasn't going to leave her high and dry with no income or insurance. I would not feel good as a person!! And there is not many things I wouldn't do for Julie... she has been a great friend and a wonderful SIL and Aunt to my boys.

Hopefully this is only temporary (they say it is) and I will be back to work in a few months... or sooner if the stress is to much for Julie. But at least I can walk away knowing I made a decision that truely will impact someones life in a positive way.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hope I didn't offend you by talking about you on my blog... but I was really sooooo impressed by this... it is one thing to be kind. But this was a very very selfless act on your part!

I hope it is all very temporary and everyone can get back to work as soon as possible.

2blacklabs said...

All I can say is Thanks Linz
Love yeah!!!